The Program Director is responsible for the successful implementation, ongoing management, and overall success of the Wound Care Center. This includes responsibility for operations, personnel, budget, reimbursement, quality management, and community awareness consistent with CutisCare and Hospital guidelines.
Recruit, hire and manage CutisCare and Hospital based staff for the Wound Care Center. Responsibilities include conducting performance appraisals, managing grievance and discipline issues, developing staff, and adherence to company personnel policies and procedures. Appropriate input from CutisCare and Hospital Human Resources Departments is required.
Monitor and ensure the accuracy and completeness of patient information entered into the EMR/database. Ensure that the quality management program is adhered to by appropriate clinical staff; treatment completions and healing outcomes fall within acceptable CutisCare parameters; and timely reviews of clinical charts are conducted by appropriate nursing and medical staff.
Direct Finances and Reimbursement:
Assume responsibility for timely CutisCare invoicing to the hospital. Responsibilities also include assistance in development and implementation of Center budget. Working with hospital, achieve Center revenues and profitability by ensuring patient charges are entered appropriately, and supporting hospital collection efforts.
Community Awareness Activities:
Develop, implement and manage a community awareness plan and budget, utilizing local, regional, and corporate resources. This plan will include referral development calls to physicians and other potential referral sources; developing, scheduling, and conducting presentations and in-services to targeted groups; and conducting ongoing inter-departmental and hospital outreach activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous healthcare experience in a program operations setting, including some background in personnel, finance, community awareness, and/or reimbursement preferred.
- Demonstrates the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
- High degree of management confidence, including supervisory, leadership, and motivational skills
- High degree of organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective problem solving and negotiation skills
- Basic knowledge of healthcare reimbursement issues
- Basic financial/P&L knowledge
- Business development skills
Primarily works in a medical office setting.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a director to successfully perform the essential competencies, duties, and requirements of this position. These include walking, lifting, driving, traveling, and sitting in meetings or at computers.